Monday, November 4, 2013

Boston Visit / / Lilla Rogers Studio

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'm back from my USA work trip & catching up on things here at the studio. I've a camera crammed full of inspiring imagery to edit & share with you from my sunny visit to Boston & Baltimore.

My trip started with a meet up with the inspiring Lilla Rogers Studio (this was actually the first time I had met Lilla, other than via Skype!). I flew into Boston on the Friday evening & spent the whole of Saturday hanging out with Lilla, we started our morning by chatting about art & design, went on a lovely walk, caught up on ideas & shared our personal experiences from teaching an online e-course. We then went for a lovely lunch in pretty Arlington to then return to the studio where I spent the rest of the day blissfully drawing away. I had such a chilled afternoon & my day was topped off by going out for a yummy meal with Lilla & her friends. I continued creating art on the Sunday & helped Lilla review some of the brilliant design work submitted for her Make Art That Sells e-course. I then spent a fun afternoon with Susan McCabe (one of Lilla's fab agents), we visited Harvard Square, roamed the inspiring streets in Cambridge & managed to watch some of the Regatta on the Charles River.

I caught up with the studio ladies again on the Tuesday evening when Susan kindly hosted a dinner party at her home for myself & the local LRS artists. I was fortunate enough to also meet the talented Alison ColeSusan Pilgrim Waters & Ann Boyajian & my other fab agent Jennifer Nelson. We had such a brilliant evening it was so nice to meet everyone.

Before I flew out to Baltimore I attended a fun studio meeting where I also got to meet more of the brilliant LRS team; Julia & Patty. It really was a great opportunity to bounce ideas around & chat about our goals & plans for my creative future & design label. I was sad to leave as I enjoyed every minute of my time with them!

Stay tuned as I have lots more imagery to share with you from my Boston visit including my #ABSPD alumni meet up, lots of fun sight seeing & my catch up with Smart Creative Women.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...